You are what you EAT!
You have heard the expression “you are what you eat” I’m sure. The truth of this expression is all the more evident when we hear from the WHO (World Health Organization) that lifestyle related illnesses are now the leading cause of death in the world. Whether we fall victim to one such illness is up to us, based largely on our daily food choices.
Picture left is my version of burger and fries. Grilled burger on lettuce with oven fries cooked with avocado oil. Brussel sprouts, broccoli, tomato, avocado.
We have control over what we eat, and today with the Internet and social media, there is a plethora of information available to educate us on what healthy eating is. Not to mention the dozens of apps with which we can track our daily food and calorie intake.
To avoid or reverse many of these lifestyle related illnesses:
- Start each day with a large glass of warm lemon water.
- Eat food that looks the way it does in nature (stalk of broccoli, chicken breast, carrot)
- Avoid opening bags and packages (processed foods with preservatives and chemicals)
- Drink lots of water (half your body weight in fluid oz)
- Eat five small meals a day rather than three big ones
- Decrease the size of your meals through the day. Large breakfast, snack, med lunch, snack, small dinner.
- Make sure half your plate is vegetables
- Eat lots of raw food
- Vary your vegetables eating all colors of the rainbow
- Don’t skip breakfast! This gets your metabolism going for the day.
Make a conscious decision to start eating a more healthy diet and you will never regret it.
- Nut Roast
- Squash Bisque with Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Whole Wheat bagel
- Chocolate Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Sprouting 101
- Home made sports drink
- Spinach and Avocado Green Smoothie
- Coconut Heaven Smoothie
- Easy Paprika Oven Baked Fries
- Stir Fried Vegetable Medley
- Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons
- Home made Whole Wheat Bread
- Welsh Tea Bread
- Sprouting Pea Shoots
- Vegetable Frittata
- Yummy Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Sprouted Manna Bread
- Raw Cheesecake
- Mixed Salad with avocado, smoked salmon and goat cheese
- The Perfect Breakfast
- Raw Chocolate
- Date Bars
- Energy Bars