These delicious sweet treats pack a whopping 600-800 mg of Omega 3 fatty acids per ball! In addition there are 6 grams of protein. Divide into 24 pieces and they are 200 calories each or divide them into 48 which still provides 3-400 mg omega 3s and 3 grams protein per ball with only 100 calories. Quick and easy to make, and the perfect post workout snack!
- 2 1bs organic madjool dates
- 1 cup almond flour (can be substituted with 1/2 cup almond flour 1/2 cup ground walnuts for extra Omega 3s)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter or almond butter or other nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (optional)
Put all ingredients in the food processor and process until mixture begins to form a dough. Divide into 24 -28 balls.
Calories per ball 200, protein per ball 6g