- Complete 18 hours of exercise
- drink 60-80 fluid oz water/day
- Reduce your sugar intake by 50%
- Get a minimum of 6 hours sleep each night
If you are trying to lose weight and become fitter and healthier but are having a hard time achieving your goals, this is a strategy that may help you along the way. These are some simple steps that can help you change the way you think, eat, and live your life.
- Self analysis. First of all look at the bad habits that you are trying to change. Whether it be a bad eating behavior or a resistance to exercising or something else that you are trying to stop doing, look at the last time it occurred, and then look back to see what preceded it – did something happen? How were you feeling? Also look at how you felt during and after to ascertain how you might possibly prevent future incidence.
- Environmental management. If driving by the donut shop makes you want to stop and get one, then change your route. If not being able to find your walking/running/exercising shoes or other clothing prevents you from exercising, plan ahead and set your shoes and/or clothing out by the door making it easier for you to make good choices. On the diet end of things, this would include getting rid of foods that trigger you to eat too much, and buying more low calorie, nutrient dense food that you can feel free to snack on.
- Alternate behaviors. Look at an alternative way that you can respond to things. As an example, instead of eating some chocolate or cookies when you get upset, try taking a walk instead.
- Reward good behavior. Giving yourself a reward when you change your behavior in a positive way.
- Negatively reinforce bad choices. Giving up something or enduring something when you engage in the unwanted behaviors. For example giving up a financial gain, or enduring some sort of task you don’t like doing.
- Find social support. This one is huge. It is very helpful if members of your household are supporting you on your journey rather than trying to encourage you to fall back into old ways. But you can also arrange to be encouraged and to encourage others who are on the same journey by joining a group either in person or online.
- Rewire your brain. Negative self talk can really sabotage your efforts to make positive changes. Train your brain to speak positivity and don’t allow negative thoughts to overtake you.
- Emotional control. In order to keep your stress and negative emotions to a minimum, try some of the following coping methods:
- Re-frame a tricky situation.
- Disengage from something that is threatening to bring stress.
- Use positive self talk and imagery to soothe when you feel your emotions spiraling.
- Remove yourself from a situation that could become toxic.
- Try to look at everything from a ‘glass half full’ point of view, find the positives.
- Relapse prevention and recovery. Finally, identify situations that threaten to throw you into relapse. Then learn how to recover from small relapses before they become bigger relapses. Always remember that tomorrow is a new day, and you can press the reset button as often as you need to.
- Day 1: 25 Curtsey lunges and do something nice for somebody
- Day 2: 25 Push ups and Call up an old friend
- Day 3: 25 Supermans and Try a new recipe
- Day 4: 25 Sit ups and Take a 1 mile walk
- Day 5: 25 squats and buy somebody a cup of coffee
- Day 6: 25 chest press and plan a date night with your significant other or invite a friend out
- Day 7: 25 Bird dogs and Write a card or letter to an old friend or relative
- Day 8: 25 Bicycle crunches and plan a vegetable centered dinner
- Day 9: 25 Walking lunges and walk 2 miles
- Day 10: 12 slow push ups (2 down, 2 up) and buy a small gift for a friend or relative
- Day 11: 25 Belly bird dogs and eat no sugar today
- Day 12: 1 minute plank in the morning and one in the evening and drink a gallon of water today
- Day 13: 25 side leg lifts with each leg and only drink water today
- Day 14: 15 push ups, 15 sit ups and eat no bread today
August Stability Ball Challenge:
- June 3rd: Walk 2 miles
- June 4th: Outside: 30 jumping jacks. 30 walking lunges.
- June 5th. 4 mile bike ride or 1 mile jog or 2 mile walk.
- June 6th Outside: 30 push ups. 30 squats.
- June 7th. Walk 3 miles
- June 8th. Outside: 10 minutes of super skaters
- June 9th. Bike 5 miles or jog 1.5 miles or walk 3 miles.
- June 10th. Outside: 10 minutes of skipping.
- June 11th. Walk 4 miles or jog 1.5 miles.
- June 12th. Outside: 20 jacks. 20 walking lunges. 20 bird dogs. 20 crunches
Mon May 6 – 30 Russian twist
Tue May 7 – 30 Superman
Wed May 8 – 30 Crunches
Thu May 9 – 30 Bird dogs
Fri May 10 – 30 Bicycles
Sat May 11 30 – Push ups
Sun May 12 – 30 Swimmers
Leg and Diet Challenge for April 2019
- Day 1: 25 Walking Lunges. No sugar today.
- Day 2: 25 Squats. No bread today.
- Day 3: 25 Side to side squats. Eat a big salad today.
- Day 4: 25 Side leg lifts each leg. Drink 80 fluid oz water today.
- Day 5: 25 Back leg lifts each leg. Replace dessert with fruit today.
- Day 6: 25 Front leg lifts each leg. Eat only vegetables for snacks today.
- Day 7: 25 Step back lunges. Eat vegetarian today.
- Day 8: 25 Sit down and stand up. Drink no sugar drinks today.
- Day 9: 25 Lunge Pulses each leg. Do not eat after 6pm today.
- Day 10: 25 Plie Squats. No simple carbs today.
- Day 11: 25 Curtsey lunges. Drink 20 oz lemon water before breakfast today.
- Day 12: 25 Bottom half squats. Eat vegan today.
- Day 13: 25 Lunge kick. Drink only water today (and just 1 cup coffee or tea)
- Day 14: 25 Squat side leg lifts. Eat 1 meal of just raw food today.
- Day 15: 25 Lunge Switches. No dairy today.
March Challenge: Total body
- Wed 20 push ups
- Thur 20 squats
- Fri 20 situps
- Sat 20 superman
- Sun 5 minutes run in place
- Mon 30 jumping jacks
- Tue 10 push ups. 10 squats
- Wed 15 crunches . 15 superman
- Thur 2 minutes little feet
- Fri 25 walking lunges
- Sat 25 bicycles
- Sun 5 minutes superskaters
- Mon 1 minute plank
- Tue 25 bird dogs
- DAY 1 – 25 CRUNCHES
- DAY 2 – 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 3 – 25 SUPERMAN
- DAY 4 – 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 5 – 25 BICYCLES
- DAY 6 – 2 X 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 7 – 25 RUSSIAN TWISTS
- DAY 8 – 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 9 – 25 BIRD DOGS
- DAY 10 – 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 11 – 25 REVERSE CRUNCHES
- DAY 12 – 2 X 1 MINUTE PLANK
- DAY 13 – 25 CRUNCHES OR SIT UPS
- DAY 14 – 1 MINUTE BACK PLANK
- DAY 15 – 25 SUPERMAN
Welcome to our Jan 21 day challenge!
This challenge is designed to be in addition to whatever fitness routine you currently follow, which is why it includes very reasonable sets of exercises, and includes things that we don’t often focus on in our daily lives such as nurturing relationships, reaching out to friends, trying new things and focusing on increasing hydration. You are encouraged to use this challenge as a springboard to build these things into your daily routine and in doing so it is the hope that you will feel better mentally and physically as a result.
Look out for encouraging emails throughout the 20 days, and feel free to let me know how you are doing and how this month’s challenge has been for you. Below is a reminder of your challenge: