All Natural Hairspray
Hairspray has the worst chemical content. My Mum used to use it repeatedly and I remember choking on it overtime she sprayed. It is so nasty, and this natural alternative is so simple and really does work.
- 1.5 cups filtered water (boil if you can’t filter)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar (darker ones don’t really work here)
- 1 tablespoon of high proof alcohol – I used Rum
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of choice
- Boil water and dissolve sugar in it.
- Allow to cool to room temp and add alcohol and essential oils if using.
- Store in spray bottle and use as regular hair spray.
Notes: This will last a long time in an airtight container. You can add more sugar for stronger hold, but don’t add too much or your hair will be sticky.